Office of Medical Education Quality and Integration
Continuous Quality Improvement and the Office of Medical Education Quality and Integration
In the 2020-21 academic year, the University of California, Riverside School of Medicine established the Office of Medical Education Quality and Integration (OMEQI) to coordinate continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities and monitor LCME accreditation elements for compliance. The Office of Medical Education Quality and Integration is led by the associate dean of medical education quality and integration, Elizabeth Morrison-Banks, M.D., M.S.Ed., with two full-time staff members, the director of medical education and medical education quality coordinator. Elizabeth Morrison-Banks, M.D., M.S.Ed., has the core responsibility and authority to manage the CQI efforts of the medical school. The OMEQI team collaborates with the staff accreditation lead and dean's senior leadership team to develop the school's CQI policy and guidelines for monitoring accreditation elements. The OMEQI team also partners with several other offices to collect data for the CQI process, including the Office of Undergraduate Medical Education, Office of Academic Affairs, Office of Finance and Administration, and Office of Research to monitor every LCME accreditation element. Resources that are provided by the OMEQI team include:
- Leading the LCME institutional self-study.
- Monitoring all LCME standards for the medical school.
- Designing and maintaining continuous quality improvement portals and dashboards for the medical education program.
- Preparing reports and other documents required by AAMC and LCME.
- Collaborating with our partners in the Office of Evaluation and Assessment to design and establish systems that manage, store and retrieve data needed by the medical education program.
- Developing and disseminating policies, procedures, manuals, and other written communications required for accreditation and quality enhancement.
- Promoting a culture of inquiry and excellence that recognizes and values the unique contributions of our faculty, staff, students and community partners to an ongoing CQI process that enhances the educational mission of the UCR School of Medicine.
Meet the Office of Medical Education Quality and Integration Team