About the Office of Medical Education Quality
The Office of Medical Education Quality (OMEC) promotes continuous quality improvement for the medical education program. Our team members monitor compliance with accreditation standards of the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME). We partner with all stakeholders involved in undergraduate medical education to align practices with the mission of the UCR School of Medicine. Resources that we provide include:
- Leading the LCME institutional self-study.
- Monitoring all LCME standards for the medical school.
- Designing and maintaining continuous quality improvement portals and dashboards for the medical education program.
- Preparing reports and other documents required by AAMC and LCME.
- Collaborating with our partners in the Office of Evaluation and Assessment to design and establish systems that manage, store and retrieve data needed by the medical education program.
- Developing and disseminating policies, procedures, manuals, and other written communications required for accreditation and quality enhancement.
- Promoting a culture of inquiry and excellence that recognizes and values the unique contributions of our faculty, staff, students and community partners to an ongoing CQI process that enhances the educational mission of the UCR School of Medicine.
Meet the Office of Medical Education Quality Team